Happy New Year everyone!!! 2007 was one of the best years for our family. We welcomed our sweet little baby boy Kelan to our family on Easter Sunday and have been enjoying every second with him since. He is just adorable, so smart, and he melts our heart every time we look at him. Ryan of course can't wait to get him on the golf course completely convinced that he is the next Tiger Woods and I of course am praying he won't walk anytime soon because he will then seem too grown up.
Janie started preschool and has grown so much because of it. She has learned how to "write" her name, recognize letters and sounds and MORE importantly has made some really close friends. We have really enjoyed having her BFF Chayse and Kamryn over to play. It makes Ryan and I never want to leave Seville. We feel like the families here and in our ward are such good families that it would be hard to move away. Anyway, Janie has grown up overnight into such a sweet, smart, and very energetic little girl! She is so special to us because she is the reason we are parents and she teaches us how to do our job better every day. She is so forgiving of the mistakes we have made and we love her so, so much!!
Ryan has had a great year at his job (trying to keep some what private so I won't mention where he works.. for all those weirdo blog stalkers outthere ;) Anway, he received a very big promotion and has really enjoyed the responsibilities that came along with it. The current job he is doing will soon be enjoyed by all you big spenders out there.. Fashion Square mall will be more beautiful, and have more fun stores thanks to my hubby!! Besides work he keeps busy with his church calling as first counselor in the Elders Quorum. He loves his calling and we recognize and are so grateful for the blessings it has brought our family. Most of all, Ryan keeps busy being the best Dad in the whole world to our children. He spends every waking moment playing and loving them. I have always loved that Ryan wears his heart on his sleeve and now he even carries it in his arms or leads her with his hand.. it has been amazing to watch Ryan become a Dad.
Now about me.. ;) I am still enjoying working one day a week doing hair. I don't know if i could ever give it up. I love being around the girls and seeing all my clients who now after all these years are some of my closest friends. I feel like I have the best job ever. I make my own hours and Ryan has been great to meet me and swap the kids so we never have to get babysitters. I also just love my calling teaching the 9 year olds and doing Activity Days. I love the kids so much. I am sad that the new year means losing my class that I love so much but I'm excited to meet the next group! Activity Days has been so much fun for me and I love the girls I teach with. BUT most of all I am enjoying and so grateful to be a Mom. It has been the best experience in my life and I am so grateful every single day to get the chance to raise my children. They make me a better person and at times I feel like they are raising me. :) I have learned a new appreciation for my own Mother. I see the sacrifice and unconditional love that she has for me and I just want her to know how much I love her and I just want to say thank you!
2007 was a special year for us. We were Sealed together as a family forever in the Arizona Temple in October. It was an amazing experience. We have since been asked many times why we waited so long or what was it that changed our lives. Our answer is and always will be that we just wanted to be the best parents and provide the kind of life we were fortunate enough to grow up with for our own children.
We had a great year BUT we are looking forward to another great one! We are just thankful we get the opportunity to live our lives and have the friends and family we have. Happy New Year everyone! We love you!
1 comment:
Carrie...I'm so glad I read this fun post! I didn't know you were sealed. That is so awesome. I'm smiling from ear to ear! I'm sad that I won't be at the Hair-do party. I wish I could make it. You better win big for me at the gift exchange!
Post a Comment