This is where he lost it! 
Monkey walks! 
Kelan and teacher Kathi 
Kelan sleeping during Janie's swim lesson and before his
Yesterday Kelan turned 9 months old! We went to his 9 month check-up and he weighs 18 lbs 4oz. He is only in the 15% for his age! I was a little alarmed by this, but my great Dr reassured me that Kelan is perfect and that I'd much rather have an average sized baby than an overweight one. (I'm just guessing he's taking after his Dad :) I argued that 15% didn't seem so average to me.. more BELOW average, but he explained that Kelan is growing at a perfect rate on his own scale... so I'm convinced, he IS perfect! He measured 29 inches and is in the 75% for height. So, let's see... at this rate we'll have a kind of average tall son and pretty skinny. Hmm.. sounds just like another Schmitz I know. :) He was doing great with everything else and I was told he can now eat ANY food, except citrus and maybe even tomatoes and only those because he had pretty sensitive skin. I'm so glad about this because it makes for more of a variety of foods for our family. We have pretty much been living off stew and chicken soup for a few months now.
We of course are still so in love with Kelan. He is such a sweet boy, so very much attached to ME! The stranger anxiety has really kicked in! I don't mind it though.. I am just trying to enjoy the time that he loves his Mommy and WANTS my cuddles!
At 9 months Kelan can..
1. crawl (or more like scoot!) I'm going to video it with my camera and post it so you can all get a good laugh! He definitely has is own way of getting around!
2. stand without holding on to anything
3. take a few steps before falling but cruises all around the furniture if he has something to hold on to.
4. has 8 teeth
5. says sounds like mama, dada
6. clapps his hands and says yay
7. is the cutest, sweetest baby boy and we love him so much!
I also have to add that he started swimming lessons today! I know, I've heard it from everyone.. he seems so young! I agree, but had to start him because his wonderful swim teacher (Janie's since she was 1) is retiring and this will be her last class! Anyway, if you think 9 months is young.. in his class he has two little girls that are 31/2 months and 4 months and then another boy who is almost 1 year! It is very entertaining! He did great and only really got upset when he did back floats. Janie stood on the side and watched and cheered for her little brother.. it was all just TOO cute! I LOVE being a Mom on days like these.. oh and by the way, in case you were concerned.. the pool is about 98 degrees plus and there are heaters surrounding it so us Moms stay nice and cozy too!
No comments:
Post a Comment