




Tonight we went over to my in-laws for Sunday dinner. She made a yummy roast which was kind of ironic because earlier in the day we had our Home Teachers over and I was wishing my house could smell like a delicious Sunday roast dinner cooking (instead of a wet dog!). My goal is to eventually be prepared enough on Sundays to make my family a wonderful Sunday meal. I would love for the kids to grow up remembering that I did that for them. Unfortunately the only tradition we have around here on Sundays is a cold cut sandwich with whatever chips are in the pantry right after church. Our church is at 8:00 am and I have to admit that one of the hardest commandments for me to keep is to keep the Sabbath day Holy. I did not grow up doing this and it seems almost impossible now. Ryan has been very good to not allow me to make a quick run to the grocery store or Costco.. believe me, I can be pretty stubborn so I'm sure it's not pleasant to stop me from going BUT he does and I am getting used to staying home. I loved the talk by President Monson last month in the Ensign "The Master Bridge Builder". One part really stood out to me.. he mentions something Ted Koppel said.. "What Moses brought down from Mt. Sinai were not the Ten Suggestions. They are commandments." I think this will run through my mind every time I want to break the Sabbath! Anyway, enough about me and my weaknesses!! Dinner was great and it is always fun to see everyone. I really appreciate these dinners, especially for my children. It is a tradition I promise I will carry on with my children and grandchildren!
No comments:
Post a Comment