Update on first week of school. So the final verdict is that Janie LOVES school! She helps me pick out her outfit every night before bed. We plan on how to do her hair the next day and she tells me how "Phoebe tells her that her outfits are just like a teenagers!" (hmm.. not sure what that means but when she says it it is in a valley girl tone and she moves her finger in front of her face in an s motion.) This little Phoebe is quite a girl and Janie has just fallen in love with her. They break up and get back together on a daily basis and almost every single day want to have play dates. She also has another friend named Ava who loves to chase the boys and run in the sand. She adores both of her new friends and they are the cutest little group! Today I met Ava and Jake's Mom's for breakfast. It was so much fun! We had the best time talking and have a lot in common. We go to the same gym and are going to start going together next week for some classes. I'm pretty sure I love school as much as Janie!! I love making new friends and my new life as a kindergartners Mom. Me and the other Mom's have big plans for being very involved and helping our kids have so much fun this year! So far Janie has gone to art, music, recess, lunch.. the list goes on and on. She loves it all! This morning on our way to school I got very unfairly pulled over for speeding :) For real though.. unfair!! The whole time Janie was so nervous to miss the first few minutes of school because "that is when we sit on the squares and watch the principal and say the Pledge of Allegiance". I made sure to tell the police officer to hurry as I needed to get my child to school on time! So anyways, Janie is doing great, I am loving meeting new people and that takes us to my favorite little man.. Kelan!! Kelan is adjusting really well to having Janie gone all day. He plays in her room, with her toys that he is otherwise never allowed to touch and we pretty much just talk and hang out all day. Today though while I was gone to breakfast he hung out with his favorite adventure buddy!! He couldn't wait to get over to play with Poppa in the dirt and let me tell you.. they played in the dirt!! He was brown when I picked him up!! He had so much fun and thank you Poppa for watching him!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

such a cute picture! Who would have ever though Mort would be the one to babysit our kids! I can see why though, he is Mr. Adventure! Can't wait to meet Janie's cute friends and their fun moms. I am so happy the school year has started out so fun! Love you guys!