Last Friday me and three other Mom's met our kids for lunch at the school. It was the first time I let Janie buy her lunch at school. I guess I have bad memories of gross school lunches.. not much has changed. She loved getting to buy and I had fun sitting with her and her friend Jenna. It is so strange to see all the things she does while at school during the day and the routine that she has learned. I am so used to knowing and seeing her every move. Not missing a moment in her life. I am not going to lie, I love that she is in school, she loves it but I do miss her all day and wonder about her day and how she is doing. I love being involved at school and especially her classroom so I get to have a better idea of what she does all day.. it helps. I am (along with 2 other Mom's) the room mom for her class and I also starting next month will volunteer almost every week to help in the classroom. This is when I am most grateful and sure that I only want two kids. I love being able to be so involved in their lives. I have met some really good friends from school and we have been doing a lot of lunches, working out, dinners, play dates, ice cream, etc. since school has started. After meeting the kids for lunch we decided to go to a real lunch and hang out until school got out. Lucky for me Ryan watched Kelan that day so I could go alone. We had so much fun. Then later that night we met up again at Bingo night at the school. It was so fun but all of us left with crying kids because none of us won. :( We felt so bad for our little kindergartners that we went to Target and let them pick out their own prize. It was well deserved.. they tried so hard (not easy when you don't quite recognize your numbers yet!!)
Friday
Last Friday me and three other Mom's met our kids for lunch at the school. It was the first time I let Janie buy her lunch at school. I guess I have bad memories of gross school lunches.. not much has changed. She loved getting to buy and I had fun sitting with her and her friend Jenna. It is so strange to see all the things she does while at school during the day and the routine that she has learned. I am so used to knowing and seeing her every move. Not missing a moment in her life. I am not going to lie, I love that she is in school, she loves it but I do miss her all day and wonder about her day and how she is doing. I love being involved at school and especially her classroom so I get to have a better idea of what she does all day.. it helps. I am (along with 2 other Mom's) the room mom for her class and I also starting next month will volunteer almost every week to help in the classroom. This is when I am most grateful and sure that I only want two kids. I love being able to be so involved in their lives. I have met some really good friends from school and we have been doing a lot of lunches, working out, dinners, play dates, ice cream, etc. since school has started. After meeting the kids for lunch we decided to go to a real lunch and hang out until school got out. Lucky for me Ryan watched Kelan that day so I could go alone. We had so much fun. Then later that night we met up again at Bingo night at the school. It was so fun but all of us left with crying kids because none of us won. :( We felt so bad for our little kindergartners that we went to Target and let them pick out their own prize. It was well deserved.. they tried so hard (not easy when you don't quite recognize your numbers yet!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment