Oh my cuzy!!

















Last weekend I flew with my Mom and Katie to Houston, TX for my very best friend and cousin Kirsten's wedding. Lucky for us my sister Jen also lives in Houston so we got to stay with her and see our very missed niece and nephews. We left early Friday morning and we were delayed on the runway an hour because of thunder in Houston. Should have been our first clue that we packed completely inappropriately and would spend the next two days buying new clothes and shoes! Oh well.. what girl doesn't like to shop!? The plane ride was so much fun spent laughing and talking about things that should not be talked about in such close quarters with strangers.. I'm sure they all enjoyed our conversation though! My brother-in-law picked us up and we joked the whole way to his house that we were more safe flying than in the truck with his driving on Texas freeways and in rain..it was very scary! I was so excited to see my sisters house since I hadn't yet and it was so adorable! Her neighborhood is gorgeous with every house being brick and green grass and big trees. She also has her house inside decorated so cute!! It was so good to see my Junie and nieces and nephews. They are just the same but taller and funnier! I really miss them all the time! We hurried and got ready because we had to get out to the welcome BBQ for Kirsten's wedding at her Dad's ranch. I can't begin to explain how beautiful the ranch is. Imagine 400 acres of green polo fields and hundreds of beautiful horses everywhere. They even have a lake size swimming pool and many more lakes with ducks, geese and other birds. So, it was freezing and muddy and we came with light sweaters and short sleeves. Good thing Texas had boot shops and Targets! That night we ate "real Texas BBQ y'all" and toured the ranch. The next day I had to be to the hotel to do Kirsten's hair for her wedding so I woke up early and of course had to go shopping again before to find a warmer dress to wear and boots to match. The wedding was under a big tent on the polo fields but because of the rain it was a muddy disaster. I spent the day at the hotel with Kirsten doing her hair and helping her get ready. My favorite moment was when I helped her put her wedding dress on. I love my cuzy so much and we have dreamed about who we would marry and our wedding days our whole lives. It was just a really special moment for me to be there with her. I love you my cuzy!! She looked so beautiful! Kirsten is the best party planner ever and her wedidng was no exception. Upon arrival everyone was greeted with a welcome bag full of yummy food and Texas goodies. There was a shuttle to and from the ranch to the hotel. The wedding was held under a huge tent. At the opening there was pictures of Kirsten and Alex strung with clothes pins on a line and in grass boxes below were the table seating assignments. Each table had a name and a theme. Her colors were brown, orange and light green. We had cocktails and appetizers such as shrimp shooters, and crab cakes (even more..) For dinner we ate wedge salad and then two entrees. By the second we were so full! There were 3 different kinds of cake. And here was even a late night snack (which Kir and I were so excited about!) sliders and french fries. Kirsten's Dad made a beautiful toast and after that I am pretty sure we danced the rest of the night. It was so, SO much fun! My favorite moments of the night were when suddenly the dj announced a special request and then this loud crazy Lincoln Park song came on and out of nowhere Kirsten's uncle Rick came sliding across the floor playing air guitar!! It was hilarious and everyone circled and rocked with him! Then the other was when my cousin Jeff rapped Snoop Dog while all the cousins tryed desperately to dance like gangstas. (JW if video of this ever gets out I will kill you!!)Oh and when we danced to Girls just want to have fun and Its gonna be a good night. I loved that Kirsten danced the whole night and my pregnant sister Katie. right along with me and the rest of my cousins! Ahh.. I must have wished a hundred times that Janie and Ryan were there. I wish I could do it again next weekend.. it was the most fun wedding ever! Sunday we had a big dinner celebrating little Brandon's 14th Birthday! Can I even believe he is 14!!! Brandon's family came over and it was so good to see them. On Monday my Mom took the kids shopping and we went out to eat breakfast then flew home. This flight was much more boring thanks to Katie reading the entire time and my Mom sleeping! It was such a fun weekend and I wish it could have lasted forever. I miss my sister and I am so happy for my cuzy.. I love you forever and ever!! xo Oh and ps.. by the time my poor Uncle John got done there was no mud to be found. the wedding was beautiful!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

perfectly described! had so much fun! love you!