Today

Homework. Homework. Homework. After dinner, every night we do homework. I love homework. Janie likes homework. I love the quiet time when we are all sitting at the table sounding out words and coming up with new "ap" members. p.s. members?? I had to confirm with my friend Hilarry what in the world a "member" was. I'm in big trouble.. this is first grade stuff!!! (oohh and did you see my cute "welcome fall" banner in the background??? I found it today hidden at Marshall's... it is all different fabric patterns with little sequins on it. I love it!!)


Last year Janie would get the worst chapped lips.. I kept wondering how, why?! Then I started noticing that when she is concentrating she sticks her tongue out a little bit. It is super cute. She has done it since she was a baby. Here is my proof..




I sat with my camera aimed for five minutes to catch Janie with her tongue out.. never caught it.. she knew I was waiting!!




I got a bunch of Preschool books for Kelan so he could do "homework" every night with Janie. He is getting really good!! He is really smart.. I'm serious. He is.


Cute little left handed Kelan who gets his leftyness (is that a word?!) from his Schmitz side.


Remember how I said Kelan is left handed.. well, he is also right handed sometimes!! Totally random.





Tonight I finally taught Kelan how to hold his pencil the right way. Took me long enough, right?! Well, because he is left handed (or is he right) I did not know how to teach him so I did a little Google and well, here you go...


2 comments:

BandGSchmitz said...

Aww,

You make my day with insights into my grandkids day!!! Love that you are blogging again! Miss you guys, lots of love to all!!

Jan said...

How funny, actually I write right handed and throw a ball right handed but I bat and golf left handed.