My mornings go something like this.. alarm goes off and I fall back asleep. Eventually Kelan wakes up and crawls over to cuddle me. Then we hurry and get out of bed so he can go potty and then I start my day. Turn on the TV for Kelan and start making lunch and breakfast. By the time I'm done doing that, Janie is usually sitting on the couch watching TV with Kelan. Both sitting close to the floor heater because it is freezing!! I cuddle Janie. She tells me she wants to stay home from school to hang out with me. I tell her no, she will miss her rocket math quiz and will lose her number one spot in the class. Then Janie gets herself dressed, I shower, get dressed, get Kelan dressed and they both complain and cry and fight about something. Almost every day I wonder why I get the hard job of getting them ready and have to fight about socks, hair and outfits. We load up to take J to school and we are always rushed. How can time in the mornings go so fast?? I pull up to Janie's school, she kisses me goodbye and she hops out of my van and runs up to her school. I sit, blocking traffic until I see her make it to her classroom and then I leave, reluctantly.. every day. And every day I think how brave she is for going to school alone and I wish I could freeze time so both my kids could stay little forever. I realize how quickly the time passes. A month ago I was beside myself trying to get Kelan potty trained. As of today he is completely potty trained. The worries I have today, the things that consume me, could easily be gone in as little as a month or week or even tomorrow. So, today Kelan and I are going to build block houses for his army men and do puzzles and read books and tomorrow I can worry about the laundry and mopping the floor.
2 comments:
friend, you're making me cry now! Every day I want to say to them "let's just stay in our PJ's all day long!" It's WAY more fun and way easier than all the hustling around in the morning! I can't wait for winter break!!
great perspective. You are such a great mom.
Post a Comment