Favorite Holiday Tradition Schmitz Family Style!

My favorite holiday tradition today:

Holiday books.

From Little Paws Christmas to The Christmas Sweater...I collect Christmas books and we keep them under our tree the month of December and read them throughout the month. Then, after Christmas the books go back in storage with the Christmas decorations until next year. Just today I read a book we have had for years to Kelan and even though I'm sure we read it last year, it was like reading it for the first time. Each book has such a great message and this one I needed to hear today..

"So whenever the meaning of Christmas gets hazy and the seasonal crunch makes you go a bit crazy, just think of the Grinch in his cave far away and remember that he wasn't always that way.

And forget all the things you have read or have heard. The Grinch needs a friend and he NEEDS a kind word."
-How the Grinch Got So Grinchy

I am SO excited for Christmas.. it's the most wonderful time of the year!!

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

we do the same thing with our Christmas books. We get them out with the Christmas decorations and put them back when we put Christmas away. Makes it so fun to see the books every year...and add a book or to a year too. We must be sisters! :)