The Perfect Weekend!

















I feel like the weekends go by way too fast! Saturday we went over to Ryan's parents house to swim and BBQ with Janie's cousin's Brandon and Taylor and of course Nanny and Grampy. Ryan actually went a little early to get some help fixing our car. Him and his Dad bit off a bit more than they could chew with the "quick fix" they thought they had.. it took most of the afternoon. (They DID finally get the car fixed..of course.. Bob can fix anything!!) Meanwhile Nanny took the grand kids swimming. They had so much fun playing and swimming.. Janie is a little fish now. She can pretty much swim but is still just getting stronger and more brave every time she goes. We ate dinner and swam some more. Even Kelan got in the pool. He seemed to enjoy the water. It probably felt like a big bathtub to him and Kelan loves to take a bath!! The kids had a great time playing with Brandon and Taylor. They are such good cousins and so patient with their younger cousins! Brandon loved holding Kelan and of course was so sweet and careful with him. We had a great time and can't wait to do it again soon!
Ryan woke up at 5:30am to go to a Stake Priesthood Meeting on Sunday. He said it was a great meeting and he was really glad he went. We then had the opportunity to go to our niece Holly's blessing. I so often will look at Katie holding her new baby and I can see her as she was when she was a little girl. I can hardly believe she is a Mom now. I suppose there are just enough years between us that I can still remember her dancing around the living room in her dress-ups putting on shows for us.. bigger than life and always smiling. It is so fun for me to have watched her grow up. She is such a good example to me and I love her so much! Holly is so lucky to have such a fun, strong, beautiful, smart and loving Mom. Jon did a great job with the blessing and I am so proud of him too. He works in an industry that could so easily tear him away from his family but instead I think he has an influence on the people he works with. (I hate Rid and Kuben!!) Kiss FM rules! :)
Oh, did I mention that Katie bore her testimony?? She did a great job but I swear!! She has more guts!! My hands were sweating and my heart pounding.. just like in college! But, thanks for your example Katie and your testimony.
After the blessing we went to Katie and Jon's for lunch. Our Grandma and Grandpa Dever were able to come up from St David to go to the blessing and we got to visit with them at lunch. I love my Grandparents so much and I know without their example and love none of us would be the people we are today.
It was a perfect and special day and I will never forget it!