



Janice Valene Crocker, Copenhaver was born on September 11, 1955 in New York City. The joke has always been that she was almost born on the ferry on the way to the hospital. She was born early (not sure how much) but my Grandma always said they could fit her in a frying pan. She was the third child in her family of six. She has four brothers and one sister. Being an "army brat" she has lived in Germany, New York, Arizona, Alabama and I'm sure I'm missing a few others! I have always heard stories about how as a little girl my Aunt Cheri (they shared a room) would find bird eggs and all assortments of small creatures hidden in their room. Believe it or not to this day my Mom is known to bring puppies that have been abandoned by their Mothers to her work to feed with a bottle! She's not a true animal lover but still can't pass up showing me all the cute little bird nests on her property.. unless of course they have nested on her balcony, then watch out.. she knocks those off with her broom. (Just ask Janie and Jocelyn!)
My Mom graduated from ASU with honors receiving her Masters Degree in elementary education. According the her principals wife (I did her hair) she is the most requested 5th grade teacher! The kids in her class are truly having a great time learning because my Mom loves to teach!
My Mom is also the most generous person I know. She has helped all of her kids and their husbands through college (or beauty school in my case). She is constantly buying us the latest and greatest at Costco and making sure we have candles for all seasons and body lotion to match our personalities! She loves to buy her Grandchildren books and always makes sure to write a special note inside the cover to explain why and how the book reminds her of them. In fact almost everything and every gift she gives has a special meaning to it. She is also very smart, kind, shy and hilarious!
She is also the best Grandma! She calls at least a few times a week just to talk to her Grand kids and is always wanting to hear the cute little stories so she can brag to her Diva friends! She loves to travel and can always tell you the best restaurant in every town. She eats Italian food in Mexico and bean burritos on the side of the road.. pretty fearless, but don't be fooled.. she has always done her research and knows you won't get sick!
My Mom is the greatest Mom in the whole world. She has always been someone I could trust and look up to and I know I wouldn't be the Mom I am today without her wonderful example. She is always positive and can talk me out of a bad day.. any day! She is so much fun to be around and is always down with trying new things.
I love you so much Momma! You are and always will be someone I could call anytime.. day or night and get advice from. Someone who will listen to my problems big or small and help me figure out a solution. Someone that I know will always love me no matter what! Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
Yeah, count us in for next Sat. night. You'll have to call me with details. We're all back to normal around here, and I'm loving it! Have fun!
Post a Comment