Jimmy and his monster truck
Grandpa, Brandon, Kelan and Holly
playing white elephant
Brandon, Brandon and Aiden playing guitar for talent show
Janie singing for the talent show
Janie and my sister CameronToday we had our Dever family Christmas party. It was so, so SO much fun! The food was great and we had fun with all the "activities" but the best part was that everyone was able to come except our cousin Jayna and her family and our cousin Bradley who is on a mission in Mexico. We started off with tons of appetizers and then the kids all had a gift exchange. That was the best part.. watching the kids give each other gifts and then all open them. We then had a little "talent show". Janie got up and sang Santa Claus is Coming to Town ALL BY HERSELF!! She is becoming quite the little performer!! I was so proud! Then we played the white elephant gift exchange with the adults which was a blast! I am 32 years old and I am so lucky to have both of my Granparents still living and i can't remember a Christmas when they didn't get every single person in our family a gift and now with all of our spouses.. they even give them something! They give the girls homemade dish towels and St David honey and the boys get hand picked and cracked pecans (Grandpa works all year) from Grandpas own personal pecan tree grove. It is the most special gift and Christmas just wouldn't be the same without it! This year my Grandma did something even more special and gave every girl in the family a number then she threw a pile of afghans that she had hand crocheted on the floor in a big pile and drew numbers out of a hat. When she called your number you got to pick which afghan you wanted. It was by far my favorite part of the day. I got a beautiful blue afghan that I will love forever! Then we ate dinner and had so much fun talking and laughing. I LOVE my Dever family get togethers.. they are always so much fun and I am soo glad to be part of such a good family. All of my cousins (I have 10) are the best people and I admire and love each of them so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment