


Aunt Judi did so much work for the party and made everything perfect with the cute table flowers and perfect dessert! Thank you Judi.. you are one of the most thoughtful and kind people I know! Love you! 

I can't even imagine that Ryan and I are coming up on our 10th anniversary.. let alone being married for 40 years! This past weekend we celebrated my in-laws 40th anniversary! Their anniversary was back in December but because the holidays are so crazy we decided to wait until after to surprise them with a night at the Camelback Resort Inn and a spa package but the most fun part (well, for us kids anyway) was the surprise dinner we planned for them. We had sparkling cider delivered to their room with a card attached telling them they had reservations for dinner. There were about 20 of us at the restaurant to surprise them. It was such an extra fun night for me because my Mom watched our kids and we were able to actually eat our meal as slow as we wanted! Before the dinner we had come up with some questions like.. where were you married? what was your first date? etc. and everyone took turns drawing a question out of the bag. I videoed the whole thing so I can be sure my kids will know all about their Nanny and Grampy. I am so lucky to have the best in-laws and I love them so much! They are such a good example to me of how to make a marriage work and last for 40 years and I know because of them I can look forward to someday celebrating my 40th with Ryan!
I can't even imagine that Ryan and I are coming up on our 10th anniversary.. let alone being married for 40 years! This past weekend we celebrated my in-laws 40th anniversary! Their anniversary was back in December but because the holidays are so crazy we decided to wait until after to surprise them with a night at the Camelback Resort Inn and a spa package but the most fun part (well, for us kids anyway) was the surprise dinner we planned for them. We had sparkling cider delivered to their room with a card attached telling them they had reservations for dinner. There were about 20 of us at the restaurant to surprise them. It was such an extra fun night for me because my Mom watched our kids and we were able to actually eat our meal as slow as we wanted! Before the dinner we had come up with some questions like.. where were you married? what was your first date? etc. and everyone took turns drawing a question out of the bag. I videoed the whole thing so I can be sure my kids will know all about their Nanny and Grampy. I am so lucky to have the best in-laws and I love them so much! They are such a good example to me of how to make a marriage work and last for 40 years and I know because of them I can look forward to someday celebrating my 40th with Ryan!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary to Bob & Glenna! 40 years is awesome! The night sounds like it was perfect. We'll have to celebrate your 10th in a big fun way too!
Post a Comment