Christmas Eve


Kelan finally woke up and loved opening his gifts!

Ryan getting some help opening his new WII!!


Janie modeling one of her new dress ups!!








The kids modeling the mathcing pj's Nanny buys them every year





Kelan passed out before the night began.. missing all the fun!!






Every Christmas Eve we go to Ryans parents for our traditional tamale dinner and family gift exchange. I have been going to Ryans house since I was 16. I LOVE this family tradition the most out of any other traditions we have in our family. Ryans Mom cooks the best Mexican themed holiday dinner while we all sit around eating 7 layer bean dipand other yummy appetizers. We then sit down to eat at her beautifully decorated table and drink sparkling cider and eat and eat and eat!! After dinner we have the craziest exchange of gifts you can imagine. Ryan's parents go completely overboard buying everyone tons of gifts!! I can still remember the first year I spent Christmas Eve at the Schimtz home.. I can still remember the pile (and I mean pile) of clothes Carynn got.. I was amazed. But even more shocking to me was that they took the time to buy me a gift also. I still remember what it was.. a gift box set of lotion and perfume from Victorias Secret. I loved it and it made me feel so special. I still have the box it came in and the wrapping and tag in a box with my most special things. Bob and Glenna are two of the most generous and thoughtful people and I appreciate so much the effort they put into making Christmas Eve so special for their children and me every year. I love them so much... and I have to say again... I LOVE my new camera!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

No comments: