Happy Birthday Junie!!

/>


Today is my older sister Jen's birthday! Iam so lucky to have the BEST big sister in the whole world!! I think I'll start by saying that I would not be the Mom, friend or sister I am without her amazing example. She has been there for me through some of the hardest times in my life and she has always listened to my problems big or small and been able to give me the best advice. When we were little I always shared a room with her or my little sister Katie. This was fine with me because I HATE sleeping alone!! At night if I had trouble falling asleep I would wake her up and she would sing the same song to me and rub my back. It wasn't until I had Janie and wanted to sing the same song to her that I learned the end of the song.. I always fell asleep before the song ended! I must add that she continued to rub my back and sing to me at night all through high school! I love my sister so much and wanted to share just a few of the reasons why...

1. I love that you were the first person I ever ditched school with. The funny part is that we gathered all our change and ordered pizza and then the phone rang so we answered it (like dummies) and it was our Mom calling to check the answering machine messages. I think our parents felt sorry for us because we were so stupid about it that we didn't even get in trouble!
2. I love that you were in the marching band! For those of you who don't know Jen she was about 100 pounds soaking wet in high school. Seeing her march her little stick legs holding her french horn for miles in a parade was just so fun! Very inspiring! Also, we went to different high schools.. her Mesa High and me, Mountain View. I think I went to MORE of Mesa Highs football games to watch her play than my own schools. I never minded though.. I was always so proud of my sister and loved hearing her play!
3. I love that you are the only person who could understand what it would be like to live on snickers bars and Big Gulps, how we knew exactly how much taco bell food 1.50 could buy us. I still remember when one of your friends opened our fridge and said " you have NOTHING in here but condiments!" I think they all felt sorry for us but in reality it was only because we lived with our Dad and he really had no clue on how to grocery shop! Poor Dad!
4. I love that only you and I could know what it feels like to run over a duck! ;)
5. I love that I always knew you'd cover for me and I could count on you to pull my progress report out of the mail box before Dad got home and you knew just how to change an F to a B (not that you or I EVER got an F!!!!) on our report cards!
6. I love that you always had boy drama.. you were never without a boyfriend!
7. I always looked up to you and your friends.. you were always doing something fun.. running for some student council office, or joining some club! You always had fun friends!
8. I love that I can call you in the middle of the night and you will talk to me for hours on the phone.. just because I can't sleep or I'm having drama. I promise you will never know how much those times have meant to me.
9. I love that you are probably the smartest person I know. You always have been. I can call you and ask you just about any question and you know the answer, have reasearched it and can tell me when, where, and why.
10. I love that you are aunt apple and you love my kids so much. Not only MY kids but all kids. At any given time you have like 100 kids running through your house, going through your pantry, driving ME crazy but not you.. you never mind! I admire the patience you have for kids.. you can understand them like no one else I know.
11. I love that you would give the shirt off your back to anyone.. and I mean anyone! I have seen you take the dinner you've made for your own family to a freind in need.. take people to doctors appointments when you have fifty other things to do.. I could go on and on!
12. I love that we alwasy make you go to family events when there are "people" there that we don't know what to talk to about.. and you can always find something to have a conversation about with them. You have saved me from some very uncomforatble situations! i alos love that you will always find something good about people. i can dismiss people pretty fast and your always pulling me back saying but this is good about them or that! Thanks especially for this example!

I love you Jen! You are such a good Mom and I'm so, so SO proud to call you my sister! Thank you for always being there for me from the most important moment sin my life to just the evreyday stuff!! I love you more than you know! I hope you have a great Birthday!

No comments: