Happy Birthday Big B


Today is my bro-in-law Brandon's birthday! Brandon is extra special to me beaause well, first of all, he has the same birthday as ME! Secondly, I knew him LONG before Jen ever laid eyes on him ;) I can think of no one else who can do the noodle dance and look as cool as Brandon.. he's like 10 feet tall and when he dances it is very amazing to watch! Here are a few reasons why I love you B...
1. And most importantly.. you always have Jen's back! For me this is the most important quality.. kind of annoying BUT very important! Whenever us sisters get into arguments Brandon is always piping in to back Jen up. It doesn't matter if she's right or wrong, he is always on her side. Brandon happens to be my very best friend Becky's big brother (that is how him and my sister met) and both Brandon and Becky have this amazing quality.. no matter what, they will always be on your side. They know just what to say to make you feel better and because of that they make the best friends!!!
2. Brandon is an amazing Dad. He takes the time to teach, play and laugh with his kids. Almost every time I walk in their house I find him helping one of his kids figure out a computer game or he's helping them put something together. He takes the time to listen to his kids and I know because of that he will always be close to them.
3. He can pretty much do anything. He attempts to do thing to his house that I woud NEVER allow Ryan to.. he is continually reading some how to book and then he actually does what he reads.. which takes me to my #4 reason..
4. He is an avid reader!! I don't think there is a book he hasn't read. I don't think Ryan and I have quite gotten over the fact that when him and Jen go out on a date night they head straight to Barnes and Noble. Can we just say nerds!! j/k I have to appreciate his book reading because it was actually one of those books he read and gave to Ryan that I think made Ryan really want to start going back to church ;) Thanks Brandon!!
5. He is always willing to help. Wether it be a blessing to help Ryan give or helping someone move. He is always willing and better yet I don't think I have ever heard him complain.
6. He doesn't yell. This absolutely amazes me!! Jen and Brandon have been married for like a million years and they have NEVER been in a yelling fight! In fact Jen says she gets frustrated by his lack of anger. He doesn't talk bad about people and he doesn't get angry.
7. He is the best uncle. I love that he has a way with kids.. both of my kids love him.. when Janie stays the night it is Uncle Brandon who stays up with her until midnight playing picnic and then she has no problem crawling into bed in between him and aunt Jnny when she can't sleep. Thanks for being a great uncle!
8. I remember one time he was driving me to the airport and we were driving in complete silence. It was very ackward for me.. but I looked over at him and he was just pleasantly driving.. to this day he can come to family events and be in the room but you wouldn't even notice he's there and that is pretty amazing being that he takes up lot of space. My point is that he doesn't care.. he's not out to be the center of attention and he doesn't mind sitting in silence on a car drive. He is just content and that is a great thing since I for some reason feel the need to constantly talk ;)
I love you Brandon! I have watched you sacrafice for your family, go through hard times and yet you always have a smile on your face! I look up to you and I want you to know that I love you most of all because you are my brother! Have a wonderful birthday!!!

No comments: