MY small wonders..
One of my clients asked me last week.. "what have you been up to?" I quickly answered "not very much". It struck me as I said it that who was I kidding.. I'm SO busy.. I feel like my plate is full and my head spinning but when asked I can't even think of one thing to respond with.. how does this happen?? I thought about how I could better answer that question the next time I was asked and I decided that I will say.. "I'm busy playing, teaching and watching my kids grow up. I spend almost everday trying to figure out what it is that Janie would love to do, what talents I can help her develop. I'm busy teaching Kelan how to talk, figure out toys and keep him off the kitchen table, figure out a healthy meal plan for my family and keep my house clean. I'm too busy to get my hair done, buy clothes for myself, or even go to lunch with friends. I'm a Mom and it keeps me busy from the time I wake up until the time my head hits the pillow. It's ok though.. right now in my life I'm happy to JUST be a Mom to the two most amazing kids I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it's so true. "just being a mom" sounds so simple, yet it is the most complex, time consuming, but WONDERFUL thing I have ever done. Still, you do need a break from time to time and I am always here to watch the kids for you!!! Drop them off here and go get a pedicure! Holly would love to play and I always love my time with my nieces and nephews! Just think...in ten years we will not know what to do with ourselves when our kids are all in school. Love you!
Post a Comment