

Yesterday we had Kelans 1st birthday party! It's be coming all year (wink) and we have been so excited!! Ryan was a little hesitant about the "theme" I picked because he felt I should have picked something more "boyish". BUT I felt like this might be the only year I will be able to do a party of this sort for my ball holding, dirt loving boy! So, of course the party planner always wins and we had a cowboy themed 1st birthday! It was a little difficult trying to find cute cowboy stuff without going overboard.. so we decorated with checkered tablecloths, handmade bandana goodie bags filled with cowboy stickers, squirt guns, little farm animals and candy, blue and red balloons, a boot pinata and finally live farm animals for the kids to pet, hold and groom. (was that a run-on or what!!). We ate bbq and sweet pork sandwiches, beans, watermellon and chips. I was a little nervous for Kelan because he really isn't into alot of people holding him and talking to him but he had such a good time and really warmed up to everyone. He loved all of his new presents and playing with his cousins. He even liked the farm animals! He ate suckers, cake, ice cream, and tons of food I would never normally give him and he won't be having again for probably another year! At the end of the night he was dirty, exhausted and slept "like a baby". I'm so sad it's over because I LOVE planning parties and I love even more having all of my family and friends over but there is always next month.. (Janie's birthday!!) I had so much fun and wanted to thank everyone who came to party with us!! P.S. I ordered Kelans cake from a lady named April and she did the most amazing job.. it was so cute and yummy!! Her blog address is designercakesbyapril.blogspot.com
3 comments:
Wow, Carrie!! You are the party planner extraordinaire! The cowboy theme is so cute! And I love that you had a petting zoo! You're such a good mom!
It was such a fun party! Can't wait for Janie's next month!!!
What a fun party! Sorry we didn't make it. I seriously wish we could have come but it was a crazy Saturday. Thanks for inviting us though and oh my goodness I can't believe Kelan is already 1. What a cute little guy he is. :)It sounds like I should hire you to plan Elliana's first birthday.
Post a Comment