kendall, kendall, kendall







"my name is Kendall, I have 10 jobs!" That was a long time ago, now you only have 1, but I still laugh everytime I say it! Today is my brother-in-law Kendall's Birthday. I won't say how old he is because well, he's still single and might be withholding that information at the moment! :) But I will say.. You are older than me!!!! I have known Kendall for more than half of my life!! Wow, we really are getting old! Anyway, Kendall and I were in the same grade at Mountain View and back then he wanted to be a professional roller blader, he spent hours in the garage making skinboards and I'm pretty sure he ironed his jeans.. he was THAT preppy! When Ryan left on his mission he acquired Ryans little black truck.. knowing that it might make me miss Ryan he would always offer to drive me to lunch, he also started wearing Ryan's shirts (but don't tell Ryan!!). SO, Kendall.. here are just a few of the reasons why I love you!!
1. You wear your heart on your sleeve. You have kind of been unlucky in love but I don't think you regret any of it. As much as you try to act like a "player" you SO aren't! You are way to sensitive to go around breaking hearts like that! I also want to add here that it is has been pretty rare that I have heard you say anything bad about your ex's.. in fact almost every time you have, you always follow with a ya, but and then something nice about them.
2. You aren't afraid to cry.... ok, so before you go getting mad at me for saying that I just have to clarify.. to a girl, this is such a nice quality!!! I won't mention any particular moments when I might have seen you freak out (just a little).. BUT recking your truck into my Dad's Pathfinder, or how about the time you were so mad because I was going to be on your team when we played volleyball?? I won't ever let you forget!!
3. You are such a good Dad. When you were first a single Dad B and T were still in diapers and I can remember your Mom telling me how you would get them ready before you went to work and have their diaper bag packed with everything they would need. I can't imagine being a single Dad with one kid, but twins?! You should be proud!!
4. You are a peacekeeper.. I know if I'm having issues with Ryan I can always call you for some good advice. Thanks!
5. You are a good friend, brother and son. I think you might be the only son your parents have that will just call them to say hello on a regular basis.. I hope someday I have at least one son like you!
6. You have a really good sense of style. There aren't many guys that could walk into my house and notice that I got a new flower arrangement for my table. (It took a day for Ryan to even notice!)
7. You are thoughtful! Remember going with me to Stone Temple Pilots? I'm sure you REALLY wanted to hang out with your big brothers girlfriend, but you are just that nice.
Ryan and I have so many fun memories with you.. from our yearly trips to Mexico (could you please quit bringing the drama girls but then again who would keep us entertained?!!), our CA trips (Hiiiiiii) "there aren't any apartment building in CA!", and even just all the fun memories of us going out. We love you Kendall! If I had to hand pick a brother I would have picked you! Happy Birthday!!

2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Happy Birthday Kendall! Gosh, I feel like I have known you forever too! Our Cali trips were the best! I think you must have carried forty purses for me...a true gentleman! I hope you have a great year ahead!

Andrew said...

You and Katie are so funny with your list of while you love people.