



< >
Today is Kelan's 1st birthday!! Wow! It seems so long ago that I was pregnant but it hasn't been long enough for me to forget labor yet :) When I was pregnant with Kelan and I hadn't found out what I was having yet I knew I felt different.. I wasn't sick but food, ANY food just didn't sound good, I was SO tired and I had the strangest cravings.. everyday I would drive straight to Sonic to order the biggest cup of ice they had and a small cranberry slush. I quit eating sugar completely, not for any health reason, it just didn't sound good to me. I didn't make dinner for my family at one point for 2 months straight because I could't stand to smell the food or prepare it, yet at other points I would have Ryan drive me around and absolutely nothing "fast" food would sound good so I would go home and make a huge salad and fruit. I took naps with Janie almost every day. I remember one day I had been to Costco with Janie and she was fast asleep in her carseat and I felt so tired, my eyes were closing and I just couldn't drive any more. So, I pulled over into a parking lot and took a nap for about 1/2 an hour. I was THAT tired! On the day we found out Kelan was a boy me, Ryan, and Janie all went to the appointment.. the tec was checking everything.. his brain was perfect, kidneys, bones and oh yes, he was a boy! I think I cried, but inside I was just in love already! He was moving his tiny hands and I knew from that moment on that I would have an incredible bond with this little boy that I had hoped and hoped was a girl. I have not one second since wished he was anything more than my sweet baby boy. We got the name Kelan from Kelan on the Real OC. My sister Katie called and said, "what do you think of the name Kelan?" I had heard it on the show, but hadn't really thought about it. We decided later that night that we loved the name and so we named him Kelan Price Schmitz. The Price part comes from my Grandpa Dever and Ryan's Mom' family. I was very much anticipating going into labor early as I had with Janie so when Kelans due date came and went I started being very proactive about getting our baby boy here to join our family! I would get a stool and go up and down on it for hours while I watched tv with Ryan or I would go out and do curb walks up and down my street forever!! He, was stubborn (go figure) and wanted to come on his own time. My doctor finally scheduled for me to be induced on April 8th (Easter). We woke up on April 7th and had Easter with Janie since we would be gone on the real Easter hoilday. I went into labor sitting at a restaraunt (Rosas) eating dinner with Ryan's whole family later that night. I ordered my dinner, started having contractions and never ate a bite. Ryan, being the kind husband he is :) told me to go walk around while he finished his dinner and then he would take me home. We went to the hospital later that night and Kelan was born the next day. I can't talk about my labor experince as it is all just to fresh in my mind but let's just say that a year later I am in no hurry to go through it again!! ;) I will say though that I would do it all over again because Kelan is more than worth it!
Kelan, today you are 1 year old! I woke up and you were still sleeping next to me and you looked like you grew just overnight! I cannot tell you how much we love you because there isn't a word to describe it and I can only hope that as you grow you will know that we always will. A few weeks ago in church a talk was given about how at different points in our lives God send us his love through people or experiences. I thought immedietly of you. You ARE my "hand from God". I love you son, happy birthday!!
1 comment:
Ah, the pics of him as a teeny baby make me want to cry! I am SO thankful for Kelan in our family! He is the cutest! Now, get over your horrible labor and get pregnant so you can have more cute kids! :-)
Post a Comment