This week Janie spent Monday-Thursday at Grandma and Papa Copenhaver's. We missed her SO much but she had a great time and loved having Grandma's attention all to herself! Janie wasn't originally suppose to go to Grandma's until Tuesday but Sunday night she cried herself to sleep wanting to go and then woke up at 5:30 Monday morning so excited to be going. I called Grandma and asked if she could come a day early so I wouldn't have to break Janie's heart. Of course Grandma loved having her a day earlier and headed straight down to pick Miss Janie up. They spent the rest of the day searching for just the right sleeping bag (3 stores) and going back to Grandmas to eat dinner. Grandma slept with Janie and somehow Janie convinced her to read about 18 books before bedtime! The next day they spent almost the whole day at Grandmas classroom. They painted, colored, read books, and drew on the chalkboard. There were other teachers at the school and they all thought Janie was adorable and spoiled her with donuts and candy. Around 3:00 I called and talked to Janie on the phone and in kind of a whispering voice Janie said "Mom, we have everything set up for the kids to get here and they haven't come yet?" The rest of the day my Mom said it was as if Janie felt so bad for my Mom thinking she had set up her classroom and no one had shown up! Later that night they drove in the golf cart to Fry's and Janie was so excited but apprehensive about me finding out that she rode in the front seat! I'm pretty sure that was also the night Janie kept my Mom up until 11:00 brushing her hair, painting nails, reading more books and playing. The next day they stayed at home and Janie helped Grandma clean out her "treasure" cabinet. I think this was Janie's favorite activity they did. She loved seeing all the things my Mom has collected on all her trips around the world. Today they met up with my Moms good friend Ellen and her granddaughters that are twins and also 4. They ate lunch, rode on a carousel and went to a puppet show. Janie loved the show and told Grandma that she can't wait to go back. Afterward they went to the Sugar Bowl and that is where Ryan met them to bring Janie home. I don't have all of the details of her trip but these are the things I gathered from my short conversations with Janie over the days. I can't leave out that Janie also loved the daily golf cart rides to check on the chickens and peacocks with Papa and to get the paper in the morning. She had a great time and is looking forward to her next visit to Grandmas house.
Fun at Grandma's
This is Janie when she first got home and was UNLOADING the treasures she convinced Grandma out of! (figurines, notebooks, feathers, books etc.) 
This week Janie spent Monday-Thursday at Grandma and Papa Copenhaver's. We missed her SO much but she had a great time and loved having Grandma's attention all to herself! Janie wasn't originally suppose to go to Grandma's until Tuesday but Sunday night she cried herself to sleep wanting to go and then woke up at 5:30 Monday morning so excited to be going. I called Grandma and asked if she could come a day early so I wouldn't have to break Janie's heart. Of course Grandma loved having her a day earlier and headed straight down to pick Miss Janie up. They spent the rest of the day searching for just the right sleeping bag (3 stores) and going back to Grandmas to eat dinner. Grandma slept with Janie and somehow Janie convinced her to read about 18 books before bedtime! The next day they spent almost the whole day at Grandmas classroom. They painted, colored, read books, and drew on the chalkboard. There were other teachers at the school and they all thought Janie was adorable and spoiled her with donuts and candy. Around 3:00 I called and talked to Janie on the phone and in kind of a whispering voice Janie said "Mom, we have everything set up for the kids to get here and they haven't come yet?" The rest of the day my Mom said it was as if Janie felt so bad for my Mom thinking she had set up her classroom and no one had shown up! Later that night they drove in the golf cart to Fry's and Janie was so excited but apprehensive about me finding out that she rode in the front seat! I'm pretty sure that was also the night Janie kept my Mom up until 11:00 brushing her hair, painting nails, reading more books and playing. The next day they stayed at home and Janie helped Grandma clean out her "treasure" cabinet. I think this was Janie's favorite activity they did. She loved seeing all the things my Mom has collected on all her trips around the world. Today they met up with my Moms good friend Ellen and her granddaughters that are twins and also 4. They ate lunch, rode on a carousel and went to a puppet show. Janie loved the show and told Grandma that she can't wait to go back. Afterward they went to the Sugar Bowl and that is where Ryan met them to bring Janie home. I don't have all of the details of her trip but these are the things I gathered from my short conversations with Janie over the days. I can't leave out that Janie also loved the daily golf cart rides to check on the chickens and peacocks with Papa and to get the paper in the morning. She had a great time and is looking forward to her next visit to Grandmas house.
This week Janie spent Monday-Thursday at Grandma and Papa Copenhaver's. We missed her SO much but she had a great time and loved having Grandma's attention all to herself! Janie wasn't originally suppose to go to Grandma's until Tuesday but Sunday night she cried herself to sleep wanting to go and then woke up at 5:30 Monday morning so excited to be going. I called Grandma and asked if she could come a day early so I wouldn't have to break Janie's heart. Of course Grandma loved having her a day earlier and headed straight down to pick Miss Janie up. They spent the rest of the day searching for just the right sleeping bag (3 stores) and going back to Grandmas to eat dinner. Grandma slept with Janie and somehow Janie convinced her to read about 18 books before bedtime! The next day they spent almost the whole day at Grandmas classroom. They painted, colored, read books, and drew on the chalkboard. There were other teachers at the school and they all thought Janie was adorable and spoiled her with donuts and candy. Around 3:00 I called and talked to Janie on the phone and in kind of a whispering voice Janie said "Mom, we have everything set up for the kids to get here and they haven't come yet?" The rest of the day my Mom said it was as if Janie felt so bad for my Mom thinking she had set up her classroom and no one had shown up! Later that night they drove in the golf cart to Fry's and Janie was so excited but apprehensive about me finding out that she rode in the front seat! I'm pretty sure that was also the night Janie kept my Mom up until 11:00 brushing her hair, painting nails, reading more books and playing. The next day they stayed at home and Janie helped Grandma clean out her "treasure" cabinet. I think this was Janie's favorite activity they did. She loved seeing all the things my Mom has collected on all her trips around the world. Today they met up with my Moms good friend Ellen and her granddaughters that are twins and also 4. They ate lunch, rode on a carousel and went to a puppet show. Janie loved the show and told Grandma that she can't wait to go back. Afterward they went to the Sugar Bowl and that is where Ryan met them to bring Janie home. I don't have all of the details of her trip but these are the things I gathered from my short conversations with Janie over the days. I can't leave out that Janie also loved the daily golf cart rides to check on the chickens and peacocks with Papa and to get the paper in the morning. She had a great time and is looking forward to her next visit to Grandmas house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment