What is your favorite restaurant? All 4 of us would answer "Paradise!" Kind of strange but when you have two kids under the age of 4 and you hate eating fast food but need a break from the kitchen... Paradise is the place you end up! We order just about the same thing every time. Ryan 1/2 chicken walnut sandwich and Caesar salad, me BBQ chicken salad, Janie, chicken Caesar salad and Kelan, pasta. We don't venture out from that order very often but we LOVE it! Anyway, I love trying new recipes and I am constantly trying to find something new to make. Well, I found it and made it and it was delicious! The almost same as paradise BBQ chicken salad. So, I thought I'd share! p.s. I have so many more yummy salad recipes.. who likes to eat hot casseroles in this hot weather anyway.. let alone cook! So, happy summer!
BBQ Chicken Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing
3 Cups thinly sliced Green Leaf Lettuce (I used romaine)
¼ Cup corn
¼ Cup black beans
8 grape tomatoes, halved
1 cooked grilled chicken breast (I baked mine: thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts at 425 for 35 minutes, turn and cook additional 15 min)*using spray butter on baking pan
¼ Cup favorite BBQ Sauce
¼ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ Cup prepared ranch dressing
1 heaping Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro leaves
1. Place lettuce into a salad bowl. Layer with corn, black beans and tomatoes. Dice cooked chicken breast and mix with BBQ sauce. Top over salad and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
2. Place ranch dressing and cilantro leaves into a small bowl to combine. Drizzle over salad and serve.
**This recipe is for 1 large serving, double accordingly**
1 comment:
i made this for dinner last night. jon liked and so did I...delish! thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment