Kelan had to get in on the action!
hanging her backpack when we first go to school.
Janie was so excited to start preschool! When I took her to her new class she immediately went off and made new friends. She did come running back to me and asked me if I could stay for "6 minutes". To Janie 6 minutes is a really long time.. so I knew she was a little nervous. I hung around for a little bit but left her playing with her new friends. And so I'm pretty sure that is what she did the rest of the time at school.. play. I left feeling a little sick to my stomach. Never have I left Janie at a public place with people I didn't know and her without at least one friend she knew. I called Ryan and him not being a fan of the school we had put her in told me to at least switch her to the morning class where she had two of her good friends from church with her. I felt better after i made the decision to try to switch her. While she was at school i talked to a couple of the other Moms that had their kids at the same preschool. We all agreed that it was very unorganized and more like a daycare but we felt stuck.. aside from keeping our girls home we felt that as long as they had each other it would be good. When I picked Janie up she came running and told me that she wanted to go to school everyday! She seemed to really like school and so that made me feel much better. This was Friday.
Saturday. I still had an uneasy feeling about her preschool but I tried to convince myself that she would be ok.
Sunday. I called her teacher to try to switch her to mornings. She agreed to put Janie on a list and told me it might take a couple months and then by the end of the conversation she changed to Janie would be switched by the end of next week. I was feeling better that she would at least now be with her friends from church.
Monday. One of her friends Mom called me and told me she pulled her daughter out of the preschool. She had left her daughter at drop off sitting on a bench and decided to go back about 45 minutes later to check on her and found her STILL sitting on the bench. (Class is only 2 hours long) A lot of the kids were still just standing around and a few were playing on the floor. We are both convinced this preschool was just basically a daycare and since neither of us need a daycare we decided to try desperately to find a new school for our daughters to go together to. Success! My friend called our greatest hope and being their first day of school they had two drop out leaving two opening for Janie and Annica. We both visited the new preschool and were really impressed. Thank you Kristy!! I should have listened to you months ago! So... Janie will start at her new school Wednesday! We are REALLY excited and ready to start school, again!
Lesson learned: I will NEVER again try to convince myself when my instincts are telling me otherwise. Especially when it comes to my kids. I prayed for an answer and I tryed so hard to ignore my answer. Next time I will listen. In Janie's Fathers blessing Ryan gave her before school he blessed her to have a great year with good friends. I know now that she will be with Annica she will have that great year at preschool!
2 comments:
I am so glad you switched her! I never felt good about the first school either. When it comes to our Janie, she deserves the best! I know she is going to love school and have so much fun learning. Can you even believe you will be posting about Kindergarten next year????
I hope it's going good so far, and that stays good! I've been happy so far....and Kamryn is loving it WAY more than she usually likes school. Didn't argue about it one time this week!
Post a Comment