Last weekend Ryan and I took the kids down to St David for a night. We left Saturday morning and stopped in Tucson for Eeegees (the best fast food.. EVER!) and then we stopped at Colossal Cave. We had a little picnic then headed into the cave. It was quite an experience! Actually totally hilarious now that I look back! Janie was scared because the first thing that happens is bats go flying all around and the tour guide tells us that there are raccoons living in this dark corner.. so she wants us to hold her. Of course we have to hold Kelan because he will for sure fall off the dark cliffs all over the place. So we are climbing down steep slippery stair case, holding both of our kids sweating buckets! The whole time we are laughing because what else can we do?? We are stuck 30 feet underground in a cave! Then Kelan starts screaming because he wants down and it is echoing throughout the whole cave! There are like 15 people in our tour group who I'm sure think we are the worst parents ever taking our baby into a cave! So, Ryan has to stay back from the group as far as possible but everyone can still hear Kelan screaming. So then Ryan slips, bats go flying, Janie thinks we are in some kind of haunted house, not a cave , I'm sweating, Ryan's sweating, and Kelan is screaming.. man were we glad to get out of that cave!!! But on the bright side the cave was cool, very interesting.. just leave the kids at home!
Colossal Cave
Last weekend Ryan and I took the kids down to St David for a night. We left Saturday morning and stopped in Tucson for Eeegees (the best fast food.. EVER!) and then we stopped at Colossal Cave. We had a little picnic then headed into the cave. It was quite an experience! Actually totally hilarious now that I look back! Janie was scared because the first thing that happens is bats go flying all around and the tour guide tells us that there are raccoons living in this dark corner.. so she wants us to hold her. Of course we have to hold Kelan because he will for sure fall off the dark cliffs all over the place. So we are climbing down steep slippery stair case, holding both of our kids sweating buckets! The whole time we are laughing because what else can we do?? We are stuck 30 feet underground in a cave! Then Kelan starts screaming because he wants down and it is echoing throughout the whole cave! There are like 15 people in our tour group who I'm sure think we are the worst parents ever taking our baby into a cave! So, Ryan has to stay back from the group as far as possible but everyone can still hear Kelan screaming. So then Ryan slips, bats go flying, Janie thinks we are in some kind of haunted house, not a cave , I'm sweating, Ryan's sweating, and Kelan is screaming.. man were we glad to get out of that cave!!! But on the bright side the cave was cool, very interesting.. just leave the kids at home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is hilarious! I'm surprised Janie was afraid. She'll try anything!
Post a Comment