My Nana Goodmans house. She isn't alive anymore but it still hold so many memories for me and it looks the same. It just jas a few more weeds and it's missing my Nana standing outside in her apron beating the dust off her rugs with a broom!
I couldn't get a good picture but this is Grandma Goodmans store. It's closed now but my Nana used to give me a quarter and I would walk down to the store and buy candy
If you look carefully this is a re-elect Dever from sheriff. My uncle Larry is sheriff of Cochise County.. this will be his last term if he's elected! I know he'll win!
I named this mountain Dever mountain when i was little because I had asked my Dad what it was called and he said it didn't have a name.. glad to see it was still there ;)
So after the cave;) Ryan and I headed down to St David to visit and stay the night with my grandparents. Driving in the town was just the same as I left it the last time. Grandma had a whole roast dinner ready for us when we got to their house. We played barbies, Grandpa took Kelan outside to play ball and we sat around talking. It was such a nice visit. The last time we were there Janie had planted a peach tree and we weren't sure if it would grow because it was a pretty old seed but Grandma called a few months later saying that it had grown! We were so excited.. mostly Janie! So, from then on Great Grandma Dever became "peach tree Grandma". This is what she calls her to this day! Anyway, the poor little tree gotten eaten by a javelina (we are guessing) and so Grandma helped Janie plant a new peach tree in it's place. I hope this one makes it! Granmda and I had fun staying up late catching up on all the latest and they even took us on a little trip around town to show us how big St David is getting! And it's true! St David is growing!! Sunday morning I made breakfast fro everyone .. it was so hard for my Grandma not to help but i insisted! After all these years of her cooking, I wanted to cook for her!! We sat around and talked about their olden days and then Ryan and I decided it was time to leave because we wanted them to be able to make it to church in time. It was a great visit.. the kids had so much fun! I am so grateful they are getting the chance to know their great grandparents!
No comments:
Post a Comment