Sunday night as we were eating dinner Kelan stood up in his chair/booster seat and fell out right on his head! Of course Ryan and I totally freaked out. Checked his pupils every 5 minutes. Asked him a million questions. Followed him around the rest of the night to make sure he seemed normal and even kept him up late. He seemed fine. I hardly slept because I was so nervous and kept waking poor Kelan up to make sure he was ok. He was fine. In the morning we got up as normal but Kelan seemed really tired still and after a few minutes said "Mommy, head oww." I totally freaked out! We hurried and got ready and I called my Mom to see if she knew where i could go. Luckily she had the day off so she offered to watch Janie. I rushed Janie to Grandma's and Kelan to the emergency room. Long story short. He was FINE! They didn't even xray him. Just looked at him, felt his head and sent me on my way. I'm sure they didn't want me to feel silly for bringing him in because they were really nice and kept telling me that it was so good that i brought him in. Head injuries can be really dangerous etc. I was glad I took him.. just for my piece of mind. I kept telling telling them "he really seems fine but he is my baby and i just want to make sure!" I'm sure they were saying to themselves "umm lady.. he is 2, not a baby anymore!!" Whatever! i went back over to my Mom's to get Janie and found them cleaning out her garage, Janie dressed head to toe in things my Mom had given her and so happy she cried when i pulled up! She absolutely adores spending time with my Mom! She begged me to leave. Begged me to take Kelan home. So we decided to take the kids to McDonald's for lunch. It was so fun hanging out with my Mom. I can't wait for her to retire and be available all the time! After lunch I took Kelan home for a nap and she took Janie to get a pedicure. By the time Janie got home that night she was loaded with things my Mom had given her from around the house. Treasures that Janie loves!! And, she has bright green nails with glitter all over! Thanks Mom for spending the day with Janie. She loves you so much and so does Kelan. He asks me all the time to go to "Da's" house. Reason #1 why we moved.. to be close to you!! XOXO
Day with Grandma
Sunday night as we were eating dinner Kelan stood up in his chair/booster seat and fell out right on his head! Of course Ryan and I totally freaked out. Checked his pupils every 5 minutes. Asked him a million questions. Followed him around the rest of the night to make sure he seemed normal and even kept him up late. He seemed fine. I hardly slept because I was so nervous and kept waking poor Kelan up to make sure he was ok. He was fine. In the morning we got up as normal but Kelan seemed really tired still and after a few minutes said "Mommy, head oww." I totally freaked out! We hurried and got ready and I called my Mom to see if she knew where i could go. Luckily she had the day off so she offered to watch Janie. I rushed Janie to Grandma's and Kelan to the emergency room. Long story short. He was FINE! They didn't even xray him. Just looked at him, felt his head and sent me on my way. I'm sure they didn't want me to feel silly for bringing him in because they were really nice and kept telling me that it was so good that i brought him in. Head injuries can be really dangerous etc. I was glad I took him.. just for my piece of mind. I kept telling telling them "he really seems fine but he is my baby and i just want to make sure!" I'm sure they were saying to themselves "umm lady.. he is 2, not a baby anymore!!" Whatever! i went back over to my Mom's to get Janie and found them cleaning out her garage, Janie dressed head to toe in things my Mom had given her and so happy she cried when i pulled up! She absolutely adores spending time with my Mom! She begged me to leave. Begged me to take Kelan home. So we decided to take the kids to McDonald's for lunch. It was so fun hanging out with my Mom. I can't wait for her to retire and be available all the time! After lunch I took Kelan home for a nap and she took Janie to get a pedicure. By the time Janie got home that night she was loaded with things my Mom had given her from around the house. Treasures that Janie loves!! And, she has bright green nails with glitter all over! Thanks Mom for spending the day with Janie. She loves you so much and so does Kelan. He asks me all the time to go to "Da's" house. Reason #1 why we moved.. to be close to you!! XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, i wish we were all closer together! maybe the idea you've had your whole life about all of us living in one huge house together isn't so bad afterall. We are so lucky to have our Mom! She is wonderful. I can just picture Janie all decked out in stuff from mom...too funny! love you guys! see you tomorrow!
I'm so glad he's ok! I would have taken him to the ER too, especially because it was a head injury!
I hope all is well with you and your family! We miss you guys!
You look so good Carrie!
Post a Comment