Our Fall decorations are few but we are working on that!!
When I was little we lived near Mesa High School. Some of my favorite mornings were spent getting ready to the sound of the Mesa High School band practicing early in the morning. I can vividly remember standing in my bathroom with my Mom behind me in her brown robe curling my hair while I complained, I'm sure. I can remember the smell of toast, oatmeal and hot chocolate in the house. It seemed that it was just starting to get cool outside. It was as good as Fall got in Arizona.
This morning while we were getting ready, I was standing behind Janie in the bathroom flat ironing her hair and she was complaining.. I heard the band practicing. This time the Huntington Beach High School band. Janie was drinking hot chocolate, no joke. It is freezing outside in the mornings here and my house is even colder because of the wood floors and our windows are usually open. Fall here is nice.
It took me back for just a few a minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment