So, anyone who knows me knows that I am the worlds biggest worry wart. I worry about EVERYTHING! I have a constant black cloud hanging over everything I do. I always think the worst will happen BUT in my defense I feel as though it makes me well prepared just in case :). Like for instance when I'm on vacation by the beach I have an escape plan just in case a tsunami comes.. and I have even considered VERY seriously getting a leash for Janie when we go places like the mall. I double check my windows and doors on a regular basis and never, ever watch the news! I guess I should add that I'm a scardey cat too! I will not stay at home by myself without Ryan and I worry, worry, worry about my Mom when she is alone and I can hardy believe Bob and Glenna sleep with their windows open! I didn't sleep the entire first year of Janie's life.. worried she might suffocate on a blanket, or maybe she was cold, hot.. uncomfortable.. you get the picture. Don't get me wrong.. I don't let the worrying hold me back from trying new things, I just pop a few tums and I'm good to go. But, I've decided to make it a goal and really work on not worrying so much. (or my kids won't have a chance at any sort of a life when they are teenagers!) Which leads me to the point of my story. So, I bought a book by John Bytheway. It is called How To Be Totally Miserable. A few of the quotes he uses I have printed and put on my fridge to try to help me achieve my goal. So here they are...
Whenever he thought about it, he felt terrible. And so, at last, he came to a fateful decision. He decided not to think about it. -John-Roger and Peter McWilliams
Real difficulties can be overcome; it is the imaginary ones that are unconquerable. -Theodore N. Vail
SO, if you hear my imagination starting to wonder.. just remind me that "He who worries about calamities suffers them twice over -Og Mandino
1 comment:
great quotes! i know you will achieve your goals! and...don't feel too bad, you are not alone. i never worried before and now that i am a mom, I WORRY! :-) Love you - Katie
Post a Comment