Yesterday I took my kids and niece Jocelyn to the Veterans Day parade in downtown Mesa. It actually was a pretty good parade and they had a great time. Jocelyn really didn't want to go because she was afraid but we talked her into it and it wasn't too long before she was waving her flag and diving for candy. It was fun to see all the bands and brought me back to my days of watching my sister march for Mesa High. I also should mention that I was so touched by all the Veterans that marched. I cannot imagine where they have been or have been asked to do so I really am grateful for them. We also got to see my little brother and sister marching with their boy/girl scout troops. They waved at us and I think my kids thought they were famous! Pretty funny!
After we left the parade we went to visit my Grandma Crocker in the home she lives at. Janie and I have been there a lot of times but this was Jocelyns first time. My Grandma has Parkinson's and it and the medicine she in on have left her very confused and unable to take care of herself and very hard for my Grandpa as well. She seems so happy in her new home and is always very well taken care of. Her hair always looks pretty and her clothes are clean. All the ladies usually have some sort of craft laying around they have made and I am always so impressed by my Grandmas. It is always what I consider "the best" one . She always knows exactly who I am and even my kids. She always recognizes Janie and even Kelan telling me almost every time how much he looks like a Dever. I love the home she is in and visiting with not only my Grandma but the other ladies as well. I was worried the first time we went that Janie might be scared by my Grandma or the other ladies because they kind of ramble but she never has been. In fact she loves talking to them and when they start not making sense she just goes right along with it. So, please don't be offended by the conversation I am going to tell you.. it is coming from a 3 year olds very innocent point of view. :) When we left I asked Jocelyn if she had any questions about why Grandma was in that home? Janie yells "because she's really old!" and then " and she doesn't know what's going on!" Joceyln sat there very quietly and then said "well, then I think we should tell her." :) I wish we could Joc..
No comments:
Post a Comment