


Today is my Mother-in-laws birthday! I feel weird even calling her my "Mother-in-law" because she really feels more like a "real" Mom to me. I have known her since I was 16 years old and she had such a big part in raising me! I will never forget the day Ryan left on his mission and we dropped him off at the airport. We were walking to the parking garage and about to go our seperate ways when she stopped and hugged me and said "please don't be a stranger, you are welcome at our home anytime and we would love to see you." I went home and called her because I was so sad and talking to her made me feel so much better! We would talk on the phone for hours. Looking back I was only 17 years old at the time and she would never make the issues in my life feel insignificant or the realtionship Ryan and I had seem "silly". She became one of my very best friends and to this day I can talk to her for hours on the phone about anything. I am so grateful to have her in my life and I feel so blessed to be part of her family. She is the best Nanny to my children and the best "Mother-in-law in the whole world. I hope you have a wonderful Birthday Glenna! I love you so, SO much! So as the tradition goes.. here are a few reasons why I love you so much! Happy Birthday!
1. I love that you are such a good cook! You always make the best food and you worry so much about it being good but it always is! You have shared so many of your yummy recipes with me and because of you I know to serve a salad and fruit salad with dinner.
2. I love that you pay so much attention to detail. I love that at Christmas (and every holiday)your whole house is filled with decorations. I love to go to your house to see how you've deocrated for the holidays.. I get so many ideas from you! You have such good tase and your house always looks so pretty!
3. I love that you love your family. You have such good kids because you put so much effort and love into raising them. I am most grateful for that! My chldren have such a wonderful Dad because he had such wonderful parents. Thankyou for being the example you are for me and Ryan. I hope I am half the Mother you are. I will never forget being at the beach and you taking everyone's sandwich order... no mayo, no pickles, and so on. I'm thinking to myself "make your own freaking sandwich if you want it made special" but you never said a word and continued to make everyones sandwich to their special needs. This is just a small example of the little things you do to make everyone happy.
4. I love that you are such a good Nanny! There is nothing in this world I love more than my kids and I know you feel the same way. Almost everytime I see you you have bought them something you saw when you were out that you thought would be cute on them or would look cute in their rooms. You also take the time to play with them and that means the most. They are so lucky.
5. I love that you are such a good wife. After Bob had his heart attack the doctor told him to change his diet and start working out. You completely change how you cooked and even started working out yourself. You are such a good example to me because you take such good care of Bob.
6. I love that you are brave and strong. I can hardly sleep alone for one night and I think of how when Bob worked in California and comuted you would take care of everything all week and only see him on the weekends. Your boys were in high school and junior high and it must have been such a sacrafice to have to take care of everything, but you did it!
7. I love that you have such a good sense of humor. I can remember when Ryan and I were dating we would come home early from wherever we were on a Saturday night and you would be sitting on the couch eating ice and watching Saturday Night Live. It is always so fun to laugh with you!
8. I love that you STILL pull all nighters!!
9. I love that you love to play games.. this goes along with the all nighters!!
10. I love that you have such a strong testimony of the gospel. I remember when you would come pick me up to go to church with you and Bob when I was in high school. I have the testimony I have today because of the example you set for me all these years!
11. I love that you take such good care of yourself! You are SO pretty and always look so trendy and cute!
12. I love that you are so thoughtful. You do SO many things but one I will never forget and I don't know if you know how much it meant to me was when right after I had Kelan I had Katie's baby shower at my house and you made all the beautiful flower arrangements for the tables. You have always been so kind to my sisters and done such thoughtful things for even them! That day you saved me so much work and I had so much relief knowing the shower would be adorable! The other time was when you had Kelans blessing day dinner for my WHOLE family at your house! You made all the food and I appreciated it SO much!! Thankyou!
1. I love that you are such a good cook! You always make the best food and you worry so much about it being good but it always is! You have shared so many of your yummy recipes with me and because of you I know to serve a salad and fruit salad with dinner.
2. I love that you pay so much attention to detail. I love that at Christmas (and every holiday)your whole house is filled with decorations. I love to go to your house to see how you've deocrated for the holidays.. I get so many ideas from you! You have such good tase and your house always looks so pretty!
3. I love that you love your family. You have such good kids because you put so much effort and love into raising them. I am most grateful for that! My chldren have such a wonderful Dad because he had such wonderful parents. Thankyou for being the example you are for me and Ryan. I hope I am half the Mother you are. I will never forget being at the beach and you taking everyone's sandwich order... no mayo, no pickles, and so on. I'm thinking to myself "make your own freaking sandwich if you want it made special" but you never said a word and continued to make everyones sandwich to their special needs. This is just a small example of the little things you do to make everyone happy.
4. I love that you are such a good Nanny! There is nothing in this world I love more than my kids and I know you feel the same way. Almost everytime I see you you have bought them something you saw when you were out that you thought would be cute on them or would look cute in their rooms. You also take the time to play with them and that means the most. They are so lucky.
5. I love that you are such a good wife. After Bob had his heart attack the doctor told him to change his diet and start working out. You completely change how you cooked and even started working out yourself. You are such a good example to me because you take such good care of Bob.
6. I love that you are brave and strong. I can hardly sleep alone for one night and I think of how when Bob worked in California and comuted you would take care of everything all week and only see him on the weekends. Your boys were in high school and junior high and it must have been such a sacrafice to have to take care of everything, but you did it!
7. I love that you have such a good sense of humor. I can remember when Ryan and I were dating we would come home early from wherever we were on a Saturday night and you would be sitting on the couch eating ice and watching Saturday Night Live. It is always so fun to laugh with you!
8. I love that you STILL pull all nighters!!
9. I love that you love to play games.. this goes along with the all nighters!!
10. I love that you have such a strong testimony of the gospel. I remember when you would come pick me up to go to church with you and Bob when I was in high school. I have the testimony I have today because of the example you set for me all these years!
11. I love that you take such good care of yourself! You are SO pretty and always look so trendy and cute!
12. I love that you are so thoughtful. You do SO many things but one I will never forget and I don't know if you know how much it meant to me was when right after I had Kelan I had Katie's baby shower at my house and you made all the beautiful flower arrangements for the tables. You have always been so kind to my sisters and done such thoughtful things for even them! That day you saved me so much work and I had so much relief knowing the shower would be adorable! The other time was when you had Kelans blessing day dinner for my WHOLE family at your house! You made all the food and I appreciated it SO much!! Thankyou!
13.BUT most of all I love that you treat me like your own daughter. I have NEVER felt out of place or second best because I am a "daughter-in-law". I know that you love me like your own daughter and I love you SO much too! Thankyou for the example you are and everything you do for me and my family. Happy Birthday!!!
2 comments:
OK, I registered a blogger account just so that I could comment. I have never had such wonderful things said about me! Mother-in-laws everywhere, eat your heart out, She's MINE! You have made my day! This is what is so great about blogging,one might not actually get to hear or see in print such a great tribute. Thanks for hanging in there with our family!! We love you!
Happy Birthday Glenna! I have to agree with all Carrie said! She is so lucky to have you as her mother-in-law. I always tell Carrie that I feel like her in-laws are my family too! I have known you guys since I was so little and I appreciate all of the kind things you have done for me over the years! You invited me to the beach house one summer, Sunday dinners, Christmas Eve's...you have always made me feel welcome in your family! I hope you had a great day and I always look forward to our next family gathering! Thanks for being so great to my sister and Janie and Kelan!
Post a Comment