Today is my neice Madalyn's 11th Birthday! Madalyn is my first neice on both sides and it has been so much fun watching her grow up. Ryan and I were only dating when Madalyn was born and she was just over 1 year old when we got married. I remember one time I stayed with her while her parents were out of town and we were driving in her parents van. The song "You Think My Tractor's Sexy" came on and she started belting out the words. She was pretty small but knew ALL the words. It is still one fo my favorite memories! I also remember before you were even born and your Mom was pregnant. We were driving home from up north trying to think of names to name you.. that drive was when the name Madalyn came up. I loved it then and I still do. Did you know your name means "strong woman"? I think your name is beautiful and I also think it fits you perfectly. You ARE strong and I hope you will always stay that way! Madalyn, I love you so much and I'm so proud of the person you are. I'm so glad to be your aunt and I hope you know I will always be here for you! So, here we go... here are a FEW of the reasons I love you so much!
1. You are just about the most mature 11 year old I know. I know that I can always count on you. You know how to choose right from wrong and without a doubt you always choose the right thing to do. I can always count on you to help watch my kids and I know they will be safe with you.
2. You are such a good example for Janie. I know Janie will grow up looking up to you and probably wanting to be just like you! It is such a relief to know that I can trust you will always set a good example for her and I hope she DOES turn out to be just like you!
3. You are so pretty! I have always thought you were so pretty and had such cute style. You always have your hair cute and are always dressed perfectly! I love that at 10 years of age you already wanted UGG boots! I love that you love girly things... jewlery, purses, make up, getting your nails done... we have a lot in common!
4. I love that you are a cheerleader! I know you love it so much and I know that is why you are so good at it! It is so fun when you teach Janie little cheers.. she still does the cookie monster one!!
5. I love that you are such a good big sister! I know it must be hard to bet the only girl but you are the perfect person for it! Your brothers are so lucky to have you as their sister!
6. I love when you laugh and act silly. It is pretty rare BUT I have seen it a few times ;) Mostly when you and Taylor start dressing up as old ladies or your excited to start opening presents at Christmas.. either way it is fun to be around you when your being crazy and silly!
7. I love that you are FINALLY old enough for your Dad to let you get on a plane this summer and come stay with me for a week or so!!! We will have the best time!!!!!
Happy Birthday Madalyn! I love you so much and for so many more reasons than I listed. I hope you have the best birthday and I can't wait to see you SOON!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment