celebration.. for a whole week!!






















































Yes, last WEEK was Janie's birthday! It was quite the celebration! I'm going to have to get used to the stress of her birthday falling on the last week of school. It started Tuesday with her actual birthday. We woke her up to presents in bed and then a minnie mouse pancake breakfast (or atleast I tried). We then headed to the mall to do some birthday shopping with Grandma Copenhaver. We went to Build-A-Bear, ate dinner, and then finished at the jewelry store. Janie was quite the lucky girl! All day long I kept asking her "what do you want to do for your birthday? We can do anything you want!" She told me that she just wanted to "stay home and chill." Lucky me.. but I was well prepared to go to the park, head to the zoo.. whatever it was, but needless to say, we just chilled at home! Anyway, once we were at the mall she wanted to go to the candy store. I told her we would, but after dinner. She finally looked at me and said "Mom, you said we could do anything I want for my birthday right?" I said "yes?" She answered "well, then I want to go to the candy store BEFORE dinner!" Did I mention that 4 year olds are smarter than you think???


The next day was water day at preschool. It was freezing and very windy but the kids had fun eating snow cones and playing in the water. Kelan even enjoyed the sunshine and water!


On Thursday we went to Janie's preschool graduation. It is so strange because I so often find myself telling Janie something like "today is your preschool graduation, we are so proud of you, you are awesome.." not even considering that she has NO idea what "graduation" means! So after me telling her this like a hundred times she finally looked at me and said "Mom, what is graduation anyway and why do I have to do it?" Oh yes, I'm sorry Janie, I forgot to even explain it to you! Did I mention that 4 year olds are smarter than I think?? The graduation was the cutest thing EVER!! We have it all on video and I am so glad! They had all the kids wear graduation hats and then take turns standing up while they asked them questions. Janie's interview went like this..


teacher "Janie, when is your birthday?"


Janie "May 20th"


teacher "what do you want to be when you grow up"


Janie "a princess"


teacher "where do you want to live when you grow up?"


Janie " Disneyland"


It was so adorable!


Saturday was Janie's princess birthday party. I had so much fun planning her party. I spent so much time researching princess parties and coming up with ideas. I think I had a whole folder with ideas written on napkins or scrap paper. The day was a little scary in the morning.. dark and cloudy but by the time the party rolled around it was perfect! Nanny came early and helped decorate and make food. She did an awesome job and it looked just magical! When all the girls arrived we had them paint jewelry boxes. We then had a tea party with two "real princesses" that we suprised the girls with. They were actually two teenage girls that live in my sisters neighborhood dressed in what looked like old prom dresses and updo's. I know Janie was fooled and loved talking to them. Ryan walked up on her asking them "so, do you know Ariel? and How big is your carriage?" We then had a jewel hunt and played kiss the frog. We had cake, opened presents and broke a pinata. It was so much fun and Janie has talked about it every day since. I forgot to mention that all the girls wore princess dresses and we even had a prince at the party! Westin was quite a trooper being the only boy in the midst of a bunch of girls! (I didn' t get any pictures of the table so I hoping someone else did!!!!)

No comments: