


Today is Janie's 4th birthday! I can't even believe I am writing these words.. 4 years old!! I have always felt like when babies turn 4 they are just suddenly grown up, no excuses they are kids and must act accordingly! Well, now I have my own just turning 4 year old and once again... I was wrong! In a lot of ways Janie is 4 going on 10 and in so many more ways she is still just the sweetest little girl with a big vocabulary. I have always felt like people (including myself) treat her like she is older than she is but then again I don't think Janie would put up with being treated like a baby either. Since she started talking she would say "I'm not a baby!" I would say "but, your my baby and you always will be." She would answer me with "ok, you can call me your baby, but don't tell anyone!"
I have felt so lucky from the day Janie was born to have her as my daughter. I have cherished every single day she has been on this earth and I so look forward to every moment of being her Mom. She makes me laugh harder than anyone else and she is my very favorite person to be with. Everything is more fun with Janie around. Janie bug.. there aren't enough words to describe how much i love you, but I love you so much and I always will!
1. I love that you are fearless. You certainly didn't get this quality from me or your Dad but because you are so brave I can be brave too. A while back you gave a talk in primary and I stood with you up front in case you forgot the words (which you didn't, of course). I was so nervous all morning, hands sweating, major butterflies in my stomach because I was going to have to just stand next to you in front of the whole primary! As I was sitting waiting forur turn i looked at you sitting in the very front.. you had a smile ear to ear and almost seemed excited. My fear went away and I knew that because you were so brave you needed me to be too. I promise to always be brave for you!
2. I love that you are a leader. I watch you with your friends and even new people and they always seem to look up to you. You have so many great friends and you love them all so much. I hope you will always be surrounded by wonderful friends and that you will always have the self confidence to be a leader.
3. I love that you love girly things. Most kids would have lost their little rings or break their necklaces.. but not you! You take such good care of your things!
4. I love that you are so appreciative. I can ask you where or when you got something and you can always tell me.. Grandma got it for me or Nanny gave it to me.
5. I love that you love to dance and dress up. For those of you who might not know.. at home Janie is never in her normal clothes. She is always in dress ups! She loves watching dancing with the stars and then trying to copy their outfits. Today I was doing windsor pilates and she was laying next to me doing it too but she was studying what the girl was wearing and she came out with an exact matching outfit and had be do her hair the same way as the girl on tv. She pays close attension to detail.. even down to their jewelry. Her dancing is so entertaing and so are her outfit choices.
6. I love that you are such a good big sister. It was a little rocky in the beginning but now Kelan and Janie are best friends and it gets better every day. They play house and prince and princess. She is always looking out for her brother and always very concerned about him and especially when he gets hurt. He loves her so much!
7. I love that you have the cutest little butt. I love that your eyes change color with different outfits. I love that your dimples show when you are laughing. I love when you can't stop laughing. I love your tiny hands and your perfect toes. I love the smell of your hair and your "smoochy lips". I love when you crawl in bed with me at night and get so close.. and always have your hand on me and Daddy.
I love every single thing about you Janie. You are so special to me because you are my first baby. Nobody can take your place and I know that we will always be close. I hope you have the best year ever! I love you Janie bug.. I wish for you to always be happy. Always be strong enough to deal with anything that comes your way. I wish you will be lucky, curious, and never forget how to be silly! I hope that someday you will know what it is like to love one special person more than anyone or anything in the whole world. I hope that someday you will have a child- different from you, but just as wonderful! I hope you will always know what you think and feel and not let other people tell you. Most of all I hope and wish that you will always know how much I love you! xo Mommy
2 comments:
pregnancy hormones are raging but i can't quit crying! i love your relationship with janie and love even more the person she has helped you become. what did we ever do before our perfect little girls were brought into our lives!
I love all those cute pictures. I can't believe Janie is 4! I have to agree that she seems older to me because she is such a great talker. What a cutie she is. I love that she is so girly. :)
Post a Comment