

Today is my biggest sisters birthday.. and I certainly don't mean size! Carynn and I weren't born sisters but I'm almost certain that it was more meant to be that we be sister-in-laws than i be Ryan's wife! We were instant friends from the minute we met! My very first memory with Carynn is the first time I met her. Ryan took me over to her apartment and we were hanging out with her and her husband Steve. At the time I was working at a tanning salon and the nail lady at the salon talked me into putting the hideous bright pink,super long fake nails on! Worse than the color was that on every finger there were so many diamonds, I think my fingers were weighed down. It was embarassing! Carynn sat and took each nail off for me that night.. we bonded over fake nails. Who would ever have known!! I am so grateful to have the best sister-in-law in the whole world. I love you so much Carynn!! Happy Birthday!
1. I love that you and I both had the same hairstyle a few years (like 15!) back! That was the funnest year at the beach! We had matching hair and sweatshirts and we skipped down the boardwalk singing the doublemint song. I'm sure we thought we were the cutest!
2. You are so smart! I can ask Carynn about anything and she knows the answer. She is the best ever researcher.. if I need to know the #1 toy for kids ages 2-4 she can tell me, if she is buying a new washer and dryer she knows which ones are the best, where you can get them cheapest and why. I trust her judgement on anything and I admire her researching skills ;)
3. You are so fun to be around. Everything is always fun when I'm with Carynn! We can be watching tv, driving in the car, or talking on the phone and we are always laughing!
4. She is down for anything! She is the type of person that you can call and say let's go to lunch and she'll drop everything and go but she can even be spontanious about big things.. she has no fear and is always up for a new experience or fun!
5. She is the BEST friend! I think there is something to be said of people who have maintained friendships from even when they are very little. Carynn has all the same friends and is close to all of them. She genuinly cares about them and is there for them through thick and thin. I really admire that she is such a great friend and isn't judgemental and has learned how to love all of her friends no matter what their circumstances. You can know that if you are friends with Carynn it is for life.
6. She is a great Mom! She has so much patience and is a great friend to all her kids. She truly understands that kids just need to be kids.
7. She is the best teacher! She loves to teach and is really good at it! She cares about all of her kids and really puts an effort in to being the best teacher she can!
8. She is a great wife. In all the years I have known Carynn it is very rare that she will say something bad about her husband Steve. She is his #1 cheerleader AND fan. Steve, you are so lucky to have Carynn.. but I'm sure you already know that!!
9. She never sleeps! I swear!! She is the last one to sleep and the first to wake up! I'll never forget the 1 time that I called her and she was actually taking a nap! I felt like I finally found out her deep dark secret! It made me feel so much better about taking my daily naps!
10. what kind of sister would I be if I didn't mention her love for short, skinny, bald cowboys!!! Actually I'am more of a Tim McGraw kind of girl but I swear Carynn, if Kenny ever has a meet and greet I will stand in line for days to get you a ticket!!
11. she is pretty, skinny, funny, smart, and one of my most favorite people. I'm so lucky you are my sister! I miss you and I wish you lived in AZ still so you could teach preschool and i could be your go get it girl! I love you so much and I hope you have the best birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment