I have yet to figure out how to download pictures on my Mom's computer (laptop..making it even more hard) so I'm froced to just sit here and look at my completely abandoned blog with the rest of you. Unlike you (possibly) it makes me sad every single time I look at it! I am home sick. I miss having my own space. Tucking my kids into bed.. even if it is MY bed i tuck them into.. I miss my old house. I miss opening the back door and letting my kids and dog roam freely while we listen to radio disney and i do whatever thing it was i did to keep my household running. Don't get me wrong.. my Mom and Mort have been amazing. They have completely emptied 2 of their rooms and bathroom for us to basically take over. My Mom spends every waking moment from the time she gets up until she goes to sleep trying to make us comfortable. She even does my laundry!! I feel SO blessed to know that we are able to stay with her right now and save money for our new house. We are having a wonderful time here.. spending tons of time outside, playing and Papa even bought Janie her own rabbit. It's just that I miss my house. I never thought i would ever say that. I'm homesick and I know it will pass, but tonight I thought I'd just get it off my chest. I also wanted all of you "back home" to know that ever single time i drive back into Gilbert I feel at home. It's where i belong.. where I want my family to grow and I miss it all. I'm almost certain though that in a few months when we do finally have our new house and we are all settled I will say.. I'm homesick!! I miss my Mom and Mort, I miss the chickens, golfcarts and desert.. I KNOW I will miss my Moms most amazing and comfortabel beds (since she is the queen of picking the most wondersul sheets and blankets.. she's famous for it, I swear!!!) I'll be lonely then, this I know for sure!! But tonight I'm homesick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Sissy, you'll be back "home" soon. I miss knowing the Schmitz Fam is just down the street from me. I'll pass your old neighborhood and feel a little sick that we can't just pull in and I can't let Holly out so she too can play outside with the kids and dog and you and I can sit and talk while listening to Radio Disney. Soon enough though. And you are right, Mom and Mort are so fun and so amazing to do any and everything for us kids. AND, Mom does have the MOST AMAZING beds with the best sheets and pillows! How does she do it?? See you Thursday!!! Love you!
Carrie, I so understand we are living the same thing right now. We are so thankful our house sold, but our new house is not finished so we are renting and living out of boxes. I hate it and feel so bad for my kids they are so confused. Your so lucky to be able to stay with your mom and mort, but I get it, its not home and I am also homesick, I cant look at the pictures of my house on my blog it makes me so sad. I know better things are ahead and I know that we are now back in gilbert where we want to raise our kids. Sorry so long we really need to get togeather and talk. Good luck!! Julie
It makes me sad that you guys aren't down the street anymore. Now that the weather is nice I go out with Elliana almost everyday and when I pass your house I am so sad that it's not you that lives there. We will be so anxious to have you back out here but it does sound like you have a good situation with your mom. Enjoy all the help while you can. :)
We miss you!
Post a Comment