There's some things that I regret
Some words I wish had gone unsaid
Some starts.. that had some better endings
Been some bad times Ive been through
Damage I could not undo
Some things I wish I could do all, all over again
But it don't really matter
Life gets that much harder
It makes you that much stronger
Some pages turned
Some bridges burned but there were
Lessons learned
And every tear that had to fall from my eyes
And everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night
Every change life has thrown me
I'm thankful for every break in my heart
I'm grateful for every start
Some pages turned
Some bridges burned but there were
Lessons learned
There are mistakes that I have made
Some chances I just threw away
Some roads
I never should have taken
Been some signs I didn't see
Hearts that i hurt needlessly
Some rules
That I wish I could just have one more chance to make
But it don't make no difference
The past can't be re-written
You get what you are given
And all the things that break you
Are all the things that make you strong
You can't change the past
Cuz it's over
And you just gotta hold on because
These are lessons learned.
2 comments:
Carrie,Im so glad you are moved into your new place and getting settled, but also so sad you are so far away!Let me know next time your around here I would love to see you and your kiddos!
Thanks for this post Sissy! The words helped me a lot. I have definitley had some lessons learned the last three weeks! I really believe I have the best family in the world! I have the best sisters and could never have asked for better. You both stand by me through thick and thin and knowing that we will all three always have each other makes everything seem just a little bit easier. I love you! Sisterhood forever! :-)
Post a Comment